Benefits of Membership
An annual membership can simplify your life, save you money, help you maintain your home, reduce your stress, keep you mobile, and connect you to others in your community. The benefits include confidence, connectedness, independence and peace of mind.
Annual Membership Levels and Dues
When paid a full year in advance, the cost is $600/year
When paid by monthly installments, the cost is $55/month or $660/year
- Household (2 or more residing in the home):
- When paid a full year in advance, the cost is $750/year
When paid by monthly installments, the cost is $70/month or $840/year
- Social Membership Single
- The cost is $300/year ($250 is a tax deductible donation to Villages of San Mateo County)
- Social Membership Household (2 or more residing in the home)
- The cost is $425/year ($325 is a tax-deductible donation to Villages of San Mateo County)
If you want to join, but can't afford to, we have subsidized memberships for people based on income need.
Criteria For Membership
- Members must reside in the either the Sequoia Village service area (Belmont, San Carlos, and Redwood City including Redwood Shores) or the Mid Peninsula Village service area (San Mateo, Burlingame, and Hillsborough).
- Members must be over 18 years of age.
- Members are responsible for – and capable of making – key decisions about their own lives.
- Members are living in a residence that presents no known health or safety threats to themselves or to Villages of San Mateo County volunteers.
- Members are self-sufficient in meeting personal care needs (either through self-care or arrangements with a personal caregiver).
- Members have a current medical coverage/plan in place including a relationship with a medical provider (doctor/clinic/neighborhood health facility).
- Members must provide information for two people we can contact in case of an emergency (names of a member of family, friend, or other individual); Villages of San Mateo County is permitted to contact these individuals in case of an emergency.
Social Members do not utilize services but have access to all other social and member benefits. Under the "life happens" clause, a Social Member who temporarily has substantial physical limitations may apply for up to 60 days of full Member services at no additional cost.